Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Jam Chicken

From Healthy Meals for Less
I thought the ingredients sounded similar to another recipe "Cranberry Chicken" but the flavor is very very different.
INGREDIENTS
2T jam*-I used Strawberry preserves
3T low sodium soy sauce
2T water
1T grated fresh ginger (or 1 tsp powdered ginger +1/4 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp lemon juice)
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (I used 3...wish I had used 4...but may have needed more sauce, especially if I planned to marinate)

1. Combine the jam, soy sauce, water and ginger in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Add the chicken and toss so that it is covered with sauce.
3. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

*According to the author, almost any flavor jam (NOT Jelly) would taste good....she suggests apricot jam....I used strawberry preserves and was very pleased.

**At the authors suggestion I let the chicken marinate in the sauce for 2-3 hours before cooking for extra flavor. I was very pleased with the flavor.

***SLOW COOKER OPTION (I didnt try this, but hope to try it sometime)-Place all ingredients in the pot and cook on low for 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment