Wednesday, March 17, 2010

balsamic asparagus

I know I have already posted a recipe for balsamic grilled asparagus, but last night the grill wasnt fired up (we have charcoal and it takes more prep...) so I tried a different approach....
from recipezaar.

INGREDIENTS:
1 bunch fresh asparagus (stalks all about the same size)
1 tbsp olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp (or more) balsamic vinegar
parmesan cheese (optional)
dash hot pepper flakes (optional)

1. prepare asparagus by washing and snapping off the tough ends
2. heat oil in frying pan
3. Add asparagus to the pan and keep it moving around for 3-5 minutes (or longer if softer veggies are desired) until it changes color. Add balsamic vinegar, freshly ground black pepper (and hot pepper flakes if desired)
4. Remove from heat and cover for a few minutes to let the flavors meld.
5. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment