Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Easy weeknight enchiladas

INGREDIENTS
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion
1 can tomato soup, undiluted
1 can mild enchilada sauce
8 flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I usually dont measure this out, I just use as much as I need)
sour cream-optional
sliced ripe olives-optional

1. Cook beef and onion in large skillet ove medium high heat until meat is browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain and return to skillet.
2. stir soup and enchilada sauce into meat mixture. Spread 1/4 cup meat mixture into each tortilla; sprinkle tortillas evenly with 1 cup cheese. (I usually construct each enchilada one at a time)
3. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in a greased 9x13 baking dish. When all are rolled and placed, pour remaining meat mixture over tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Serve with sour cream and olives if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment