tweaked from a recipe from the Oasis Medical Center cooking school
I was quite nervous about making these, since I have had some unpleasant veggie burger experiences...these were surprisingly tasty....but DONT expect to be "tricked" into thinking that these are REAL meaty burgers....the consistency isnt quite the same....but they are good for what they are....veggie burgers!
INGREDIENTS:
1 large potato
1 large onion (I used a red onion, but any would do)
1/2 heaping cup pecans or walnuts
4 TB olive oil
1 cup cooked oatmeal (I used quick cook oats....1 cup water and 1/2 cup oats)
1 heaping cup italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
2 TB worchestershire sauce
1. Coarsely chop potato and onion, then combine with pecans in food processor. Grind or chop to a fine consistency.
2. Saute mixture in oil until soft.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly (caution, potato mixture will be quite warm)
4. form into burger patties and fry until brown on both sides, or bake on oiled sheet in 350 degree oven until browned.
Makes 8 burgers.
I served on toasted hamburger buns with condiments. I would suggest tasting a nibble of a patty before adding condiments, because these are quite flavorful.
We also enjoyed leftovers without buns, with just a little bit of steaksauce and cheese melted over the top.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment