tweaked from Oasis Medical Center Cooking School
INGREDIENTS
6 ounces jumbo macaroni shells (about 18-20 shells)
3 cups favorite tomato sauce (I used a 26 ounce jar of a store brand pasta sauce...garlic and herb flavored I think)
1 lb tofu, mashed
2 cups mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese grated (I also had 3 slices of pepper jack cheese that needed to be consumed, which I added to the 2 cups of shredded Jack cheese)
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (I didnt have fresh, so I used 4 tsp. dried parsley)
2 tbsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Mrs. Dash-garlic and herb flavor
1. Boil shells in salted water until al dente.
2. Spread 2 cups tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
3. Mix together remaining ingredients and spoon the tofu mixture into the cooked shells (about 1/3 cup per shell) and arrange in the pan.
4. Add 1/2 cup water to the remaining sauce, then pour strips of sauce over the top of shells. Top with parmesan cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until all the tomato sauce is bubbly.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment