ingredients:
1/2 c water
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 c. milk (whole best, skim fine)
1.5 c cooked white rice
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c chopped almonds (I used sliced and chopped them myself by beating on the bag)
1 c chilled whipping cream
1. in a saucepan heat water, gelatin, sugar and salt. stir constantly until gelatin is dissolved, about 1 minute.
2. stir in milk, rice, vanilla, and almonds
3. place the saucepan in a bowl of ice water, stirring occasionally, for about 15 min. (mixture should form a slight lump when dropped from a spoon? not sure what that means!)
4. beat whipping cream until stiff and fold into rice mixture.
5. pour into an ungreased mold (I only had pyrex) cover and chill until set about 3 hours.
6. turn out and serve cold with raspberry sauce (I used strawberry syrup)
Friday, September 25, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment