tweaked from Southern Livings "Easy Weeknight Favorites"
my tweaks are highlighted RED
1 (26 ounce) package frozen shredded potatoes-(I actually ended up using a 30 ounce package)
1 (1 pound) ham slice, cut into bite sized pieces
1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of potato soup, (or any "cream of" soup) undiluted-(I used 2 cans of soup...1 didnt seem like enough)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 TBS minced onion (or to taste)...optional
1 TBS Mrs Dash-garlic and herb...optional
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
paprika
Combine first 4 (or six) ingredients; spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. sprinkle with cheeses (sprinkle parm first) and paprika. Bake 5 more inutes or until thoroughly heated.
6-8 servings
I am also trying this out as a freezer meal by dividing the potato mixture in half and putting into 2 smaller casserole dishes, one to be cooked the same time and temp, and one to be frozen and cooked later when needed.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Ham and Potato Casserole
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment