from meals for a month
serves 4
1.5 cups long grain white rice
2.5 cups water
1 onion chopped
1 cup frozen soybeans
2 cups cubed chicken breasts (I actually boiled a whole chicken, deboned and used it)
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine rice and water in heavy saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and cook rice until almost tender but still firm in the center, about 15 minutes. Gently fluff rice with fork.
2. Combine rice with chopped onion, frozen soybeans and cooked cubed chicken.
3. Stirfry the rice mixture in olive oil until hot. Beat eggs and add to skillet. Cook eggs until set but still moist. Add soy sauce and sesame oil and serve.
**NOTE-next time I make this, I might add a cup or so of frozen peas & carrots/mixed vegetables or some sort of additional veggies...we like more veggies in our fried rice than this gave us.
to share and store
12 servings (or 3 frozen batches)
4.5 cups long grain white rice
7.5 cups water
3 onion chopped
3 cup frozen soybeans
6 cups cubed chicken breasts (I actually boiled a whole chicken, deboned and used it)
6 tablespoons olive oil
6 tablespoons soy sauce
3 teaspoon sesame oil
9 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
3/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine rice and water in heavy saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and cook rice until almost tender but still firm in the center, about 15 minutes. Gently fluff rice with fork. Spread rice into a thin layer on foil-lined cookie sheet and refrigerate until very cold.
2. Combine rice with chopped onion, frozen soybeans and cooked cubed chicken. Package in zipper-lock bag, label and freeze.
3. Mark olive oil, soy sauce, and sesame oil as reserved ingredients and store in your pantry. Mark eggs as reserved in refrigerator. (I guess since the authors intend for these recipes to be used within a month so it is ok to go ahead and buy the eggs...I keep these recipes for longer than a month....so it might not be a good idea to have eggs hang around for TOO long!)
4. To thaw and coo: let rice mixture thaw overnight in refrigerator. Heat olive oil in large skillet or wok. Stir fry rice mixture in oil until thoroughly heated. Push rice mixture to one side of wok and pour in beaten eggs. Stir fry until eggs are set but still moist. Gently stir the set eggs into rice/chicken mixture. Season with soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper and serve immediately.
**NOTE-next time I make this, I might add a cup or so of frozen peas & carrots/mixed vegetables or some sort of additional veggies...we like more veggies in our fried rice than this gave us
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment