Monday, December 5, 2011

gingersnap cherry cheesecake

made this sometime last year, cant figure out why its not on the blog!
from real simple
gingersnap cherry cheesecake
a few notes: when I made this a few times in 2010 I seem to remember it turning out great! when I made it last night (TWICE) it turned out terrible. I have been wondering for a while if the temp or heating elements in my oven are a little off, so that MIGHT have contributed to a bit of the issue, but in order to get it to set in the end, instead of putting it back into the oven for 3-5 minutes, it was more like 30 or more, and then the consistency was nasty...and I've never had a time issue like that with baked goods before. I agree that during the first phase of baking increasing the baking time to 45-50 minutes worked like a charm for it to set, but when I added the last layer of sour cream mixture, everything became a disaster. I dont know if part of the reason was that I used plain yogurt instead of sour cream since I didnt have enough (but EVERYTHING I read says it can be subbed with no issues) but I will have to think long and hard before trying this recipe again! It was frustrating and expensive to have to throw out the 1st cheesecake altogether because of setting problems and embarrassing to bring such a nasty cheesecake to the party. grrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment