Friday, July 29, 2011

cake mix cookies

I've seen this recipe before:
1 box cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
1 or 2 eggs
1 med container of cool whip
and it tastes GREAT with lemon cake mix and the spooned out dough rolled in powdered sugar.....

but today I didnt have the cool whip today. I searched food.com and found this:
cake mix cookies
and I used a strawberry cake mix I had on hand. Since I am not really WILD about artificial strawberry flavor, I scoured my pantry for some chocolate chips or SOMETHING to cut the artificial flavor, all to no avail. Finally I decided to try mashing 2 very ripe bananas and putting them into the mix. I was pleasantly surprised by the results. While I think 1 banana might have done the trick, 2 certainly helped cover up the strawberry taste! I may have to try this again sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment