made these for our study of Wyoming!
They taste just like the baked beans my friend Joanna made for us when our oldest was born...and I could never get the recipe out of her and I could never get it just right on my own. SO SO YUMMY!
Cowboy Beans
10 slices bacon, browned and drained
2 T molasses (I only had sorghum)
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 lb. ground beef (I subbed in 1 pound ground turkey cause I had it on hand)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1⁄2 cup onion (I used minced dried onions)
1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
1⁄2 tsp pepper
1⁄3 cup sugar
2 T mustard
1⁄4 cup ketchup
3 16-oz cans pork and beans
1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
1. Brown ground beef and onion; drain. Combine
with remaining ingredients.
2. Pour into baking dish. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment