last night I made a very yummy quiche. here is the link to recipe zaar for the recipe. I'm not sure why blogger wont let me copy and paste the recipe directly, so this is the closest I could come.
www.recipezaar.com/bacon-spinach-quiche-82334
a few changes I made were 1/4 cup each mozzarella and cheddar cheeses instead of swiss
substitute half and half for the heavy cream
added minced onion
ended up cooking it 5-10 minutes longer...may or may not have been necessary...not sure how clean a knife should be when tested in the middle of the quiche
Josh wished that it had a bit more flavor (seems like when I cook with spinach I have to season A LOT!) so here are some other seasoning suggestions on other quiche recipes. I'm not suggesting using ALL of these alterations, just the ones that appeal to you:
dash cayenne pepper
teaspoon whole grain mustard
garlic powder or minced garlic
1/8 or even 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/8 cup pine nuts
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
subbing diced ham for bacon to make it a little easier
using 6 eggs instead of 4
personally I thought it was quite tasty as I made it, but I would be willing to make it again with a few alterations.
enjoy!
ps-I didnt try to serve this to Jack since too much spinach can affect him sometimes (and I thought it was so good, I didnt want to share!!!)....but maybe with a little less it would agree with him and be more toddler friendly!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment